Due to the number of electronic devices on the market, we are not able to offer instructions on how to transfer electronic files to your device. However, this information should be available on the website of your device’s manufacturer.
The two most common devices for digital books are Kindle (.mobi) and Nook (.epub). Most devices will recognize the .epub format, however you should find out which type is compatible with your device before making a purchase.
If you own a Nook or a Kindle, you can find information on what file types you need and how to transfer them to your device at the following links:
Because of the nature of electronic files, we cannot offer a refund on them.
This is a legal agreement between You or the Organization on whose behalf you are undertaking the License described below (“Licensee”) and Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide (“Licensor”).
This agreement applies to licenses issued via the world wide web and is applicable to online, digital and analog (physical) delivery of Licensed Material.
Last updated: August 22, 2014
1. “Licensed Material” means any digital files purchased. Any reference in this Agreement to the Licensed Material shall be to each individual item within the Licensed Material and also to the Licensed Material taken as a whole.
Grant of Rights
1. The Licensed Material is not being sold; it is being provided to the Licensee under the terms of this agreement, which allows for use of Licensed Material but does not transfer ownership. Ownership remains with Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide;
2. Licensee has the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to use the Licensed Material for personal purposes only. Any uses other than personal purposes must be approved by Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide in writing;
3. Licensee’s rights to the Licensed Material are worldwide;
4. Unauthorized use will results in immediate termination of this license including but not limited to legal action.
1. Licensee may not rent, sublicense, sell, assign, convey or transfer Licensed Material, this Agreement or any of its rights under this Agreement. Licensee may not include the Licensed Material in an electronic template intended to be Reproduced by third parties on electronic or printed products;
2. Licensee may not sell, license or distribute any derivative work based on the Licensed Material;
3. Licensee may not post the Licensed Material online in a downloadable format or enable it to be distributed;
4. Licensee may not use Licensed Material in electronic items for resale;
5. Licensee may not use Licensed Material on physical items for resale;
6. Licensee may not use the Licensed Material for unlawful purposes.
1. No ownership or copyright in any Licensed Material shall pass to Licensee by the issuance of the license contained in this Agreement.
Termination & Revocation
1. The license contained in this Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide if Licensee fails to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination, Licensee must immediately (i) stop using the Licensed Material; (ii) destroy the Licensed Material; and (iii) delete or remove the Licensed Material from Licensee’s premises, computer systems and storage (electronic or physical) and promptly confirm same to Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide in writing;
2. Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide reserves the right to revoke the license to use the Licensed Material for good cause and elect to replace such Licensed Material with alternative Licensed Material. Upon notice of any revocation of such license, Licensee shall immediately cease using such Licensed Material. Licensee shall delete all electronic copies of Licensed Material from its electronic storage media, confirming the same to Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide in writing.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
1. The Licensed Material provided under the terms of this License are owned by Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide. Licensee is urged to fully test the Licensed Material prior to use and bring any difficulties encountered to the attention of Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide.
2. Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide disclaims all liability for incidental, consequential, and special damages arising out of any defects in materials and workmanship including warranties of fitness for use.
3. Licensee shall defend, indemnify and hold Fortuna Learning Center/Jackson Worldwide and its respective officers, directors and employees harmless from all damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and permitted and authorized costs), arising out of or as a result of claims by third parties relating to Licensee’s use of any Licensed Material outside the scope of this Agreement and any other breach by Licensee of this Agreement.
4. These terms and conditions are all the terms and conditions that apply to this License. No other terms or prior understandings shall be used to alter the plain meaning of these terms or to expand the License unless subsequently agreed to in writing by the parties in amending this License.
Note – Content purchased may show personally identifiable information. Do not share or distribute this digital product because doing so is a violation of this license agreement and others may see personally identifiable information.